World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2013
Fundação Portuguesa das Comunicações
May 17th 2013
Fundação Portuguesa das Comunicações (FPC) will join this important date with a wide number of iniciatives about the subject proposed by ITU ICTs and improving road safety. The initiatives will take place at the Foundation main building.
5.30 pm – Guests Reception
6.00 pm – Opening Session
- Welcome and Opening
- José Luís Mota – Chairman of FPC
- Zeinal Bava – CEO of Portugal Telecom
- Fátima Barros – Chairwoman of the General Board of FPC (to be confirmed)
- Closing Session
- Álvaro Santos Pereira – Portuguese Minister for the Economy and Employment(to be confirmed)
7.00 pm – Visits to the Exhibitions
- 10th Anniversary of Casa do Futuro (House of the Future)
- Futuro Infinito (Infinite Future)
7.30 pm – Opening of Portugal Telecom Contemporary Art Exhibition
8:00 pm – Cocktail
Under the scope of the Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2013’s celebrations, APDSI (Associação para a Promoção e Desenvolvimento da Sociedade de Informação) will join FPC in a debate panel about ICTs and improving road safety, that will involve entities from different segments of Portugal´s economy (mainly public entities) and development and research centers that work in this area, in a national and european level.
This event is expected to proportionate debate on the ongoing policies and development axis as well as to clarify our expectations on improving road safety through ICTs.
For more information please consult the ITU website.